Saturday, February 18, 2012

Goal Review

Well, we're nearly to the end of February.  And, since I made a list of goals for the year, I'd like to go over them.  If you're new to my blog, you can see my entire post here.  I talked about people who made resolutions to exercise more, lose weight, etc.  *I hope you weren't one of those people.  I hope you made a goal...not a resolution.*  I also said that most people start losing steam by the end of February, beginning of March.

I'm going to go back over my goals.  Here's my list again:

  1. Get to my goal weight *185* or less and maintain it.  **I'm so close!**
  2. Continue to work hard by strengthening my body.  **Slim in 6 is definitely keeping this one up!**
  3. Try to have at least one 'date' with my hubby per month *coffee date, dinner date, something!*   **So far, hubby and I have been able to keep this.  We had our time in Florida in January and we went out for an early Valentine's Day lunch.  We may just have coffee in March.  We also decided *somewhat selfishly* that we would keep the gift cards that he got for Christmas to restaurants, for our times out alone.**
  4. Keep trying new recipes.   **I've tried a couple of new ones and reintroduced some old ones.  If I find new ones that we like, I will for sure be sharing them here too.**
  5. Read more.   **While we were gone last month, I finished 2 books that I'd started, and read 1 from start to finish.  I've started another one and have several others I'd like to read too.  Guess I'd better get a move on.**
  6. Take time for myself (outside of exercise & my book study)   **I'm not sure I'm doing a very good job on this one.  Although, hubby tries to let me do things alone, like grocery shopping.**
  7. Continue to blog and share my journey with others.   **So far, so good.**
  8. Do things with the girls that require going outside and being active.   **This is a work in progress.  The past two days, we've gone for a walk.  It's been wonderful!**
  9. Eat fresh fruits/veggies as much as possible.  **The girls love the fresh stuff.  They especially love broccoli and cauliflower fresh.  You'd think they were eating candy!  Now that we've started this, I'm not sure how we'd ever be able to stop!**
  10. Write more letters by hand.  **I'm slacking in this department.  I need to step it up!**
  11. Laugh more.  **Also slacking.  I've been in a pretty dark mood lately.**
  12. Learn how to better express my feelings to others.  **I'm doing a little better with this.  Hubby definitely benefits from me expressing myself in a better way.  I'm not sure if he appreciates it or not.**
Where are you at with your goals for this year?  Are there things you need to step it up on?  If you're still sticking to your goals, congrats!  You are to be commended.  Keep up the great work!  If you're not doing so hot, consider this a swift kick in the pants!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds to me like you are doing GREAT so far. For me personally this is not a shocker, I know you can do it, you are so awesome!

    I hope this mood passes quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to write down some more goals by the looks of it :( I am keeping up with exercise and eating better. The weight is moving slowly but it's moving :)

    ReplyDelete