Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Post #50! <<--I lied!

This is my 50th post...already!  I can't believe it!  Just another instance of persistence paying off.  **After my initial excitement over my 50th post, I realized that I had 1 draft post that I hadn't officially posted yet.  Shucks!  Have no fear...there will be a #50!*

I would love to hear what you would like to know about.  Do remember that I am just a gal who has been there, done that a fair number of times, that I can only tell you what has worked for me, and give you tips and recipes.  And boy, do I love recipes!  I'm serious now people, write something in the comment box!  I mean it!

Today has been great and productive.  I like productive days!  I also figured out why my lower back is sore.  There is this scissor leg move that 'Debbie' does on Slim in 6 that's meant to strengthen your lower back and work your butt and thighs.  Umm...yeah, guess I need to modify that.  So, I did that today.   I also swept off our porch and stairs, picked up some trash around the yard, and swapped bikes for the middle kiddo.  I also did dishes *with help from the oldest* and picked up some.  Have you ever noticed that your kitchen is forever a mess??

Would you all like a little baked goodie give-away?  Sadly, I think this one would have to stay within the U.S. though as I don't think it would ship fast enough over-seas to be tasty.

Oh and I tried another new recipe last night.  It was Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese from Skinny Taste.  I believe that my family thought they were eating creamy golden deliciousness.  I spread it on Ritz crackers...mmm...yeah, that was good stuff!!  I think I have a tiny obsession  love with pumpkin and am thankful that I stocked up when Sam's had a 3 pack of the big cans for something like $7.  I like pumpkin in a lot of things.  I LOVE, love, LoVe...this pumpkin spiced latte from Hungry Girl.  I also love throwing 2 tablespoons of pumpkin *not to be confused with pumpkin pie filling* in my oatmeal, with a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, and Splenda brown sugar.  It tastes a bit like pumpkin pie.  You could even use pumpkin pie spice in your oatmeal.  Mmm...yum!  Also, I won't ever buy pumpkin pie spice again, because I use this little recipe and love it.  I also make a killer pumpkin brownie recipe, but it isn't entirely healthy.

Do you all love pumpkin?  Do you have a favorite recipe?  I'd love to hear about it!

Also...goodie give-away??  Yes?  No?  And in addition to that...what would you like to know about?

^^^All of this...write in that little comment box below this post *or click on comment.*  I don't want to bore you with day to day stuff like:  Today I worked out and I ate this for breakfast, lunch, dinner.  I'm sure you'd like to know more than that.  Right?

So...get crackin'!

1 comment:

  1. "Something!" Well, you said to write something so I did :D hehe I for one would like a taste give away, how do I enter? I have a question for you, how do you get special things for yourself diet wise without driving up the cost of your grocery bill? I LOVE pumpkin things too. I have made pumpkin pancakes, muffins, bread etc.

    ReplyDelete