Saturday, February 25, 2012

Basket Day!

I know some of you are annoyed when I post about our bounty, but it was a good one today for sure!  A couple of items that I never buy myself and one baggie of something I've never even heard of!  This was our basket:


I've never bought mangoes or cantaloupe before.  I'm not even sure that I've tasted a mango before.  That's weird considering I love fruits and vegetables.  I weighed the cantaloupe because I was curious to know how big it was...4 pounds!!!  There is also a 3lb bag of pears you can't quite see and the little brown things in the bag up front...those are Jerusalem artichokes *aka sunchokes.*

With tonight's dinner, we had the sunchokes *smashed with a little butter, a splash of milk, and some cheese* and also fresh broccoli/cauliflower mix.  It was delicious.  The sunchokes are a bit sweet and would almost remind you of a potato, but they're not quite as dense as a potato.

For lunch, I had this with that fine looking butter lettuce in the back.  The only swap that I made was instead of the light mayo, I used my light ranch dressing *the 2tbsp of ranch mix with light mayo/fat free buttermilk*.  Oooh boy, was that yummy.  I did use turkey bacon.  I think I might make another wrap tomorrow.

Also a friendly reminder go back to this post and leave a comment about what your favorite cookie is so that you can be entered into a giveaway by yours truly *tasty cookies done my way* sent directly to your house.  Yumm!

I also want to say, I almost have 20 followers.  That's a big deal for me.  I have also logged just over 2,500 views just since the end of December.  It makes me all warm and fuzzy.  So, keep on reading and refer a friend or two.  I just like sharing my story with others!!

No comments:

Post a Comment