Thursday, February 9, 2012

Having a good support system

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day.  In 18 months I've only missed one weigh-in day and that was while I was on our trip this last month.  There was a time when I thought that moving my WI day to a different day of the week was ideal.  I think I've had a couple of different WI days.  I know for sure that I've done Mondays, but I may have even done Tuesdays.  But, during this time, I've kept it to Fridays.  It's a good day for me.  It allows my points to reset just before the weekend, and even though my 'official' weigh-in is on Fridays, I have my mid-week weigh-in with my book study gals on Monday.  So, I still need to remain accountable, even on the weekends.

My book study group is a wonderful group of ladies.  We meet at our church and I have a scale there.  I guess you could call me the 'ring leader.'  Ha!  I have weigh-in forms, most of us *if not all of us* are on Weight Watchers, and the only one that sees the weight of the other gals...is me.  I feel like it's not so bad for me to see it, because, let's face it...I've been there more times than I can count.  Do I bash them over the head and tell them that they've failed should they have gained?  Nope.  Do I force them to show me a food journal?  Nope.  I'm just there for moral support and to say, "Yep...I know how you're struggling.  DON'T give up!" 

The books that we've shared are:  Made to Crave, 10 Lessons from a Former Fat Girl, and we're currently finishing Faithfully Fit.  The book that I've enjoyed most so far is Made to Crave.  "Eat to live, don't live to eat."  That's one thing I remember most from that book. *Not that I don't remember other things, but that's just one thing that really stuck out.*

The most important part of our group is that we're all there for support.  We don't judge each other. 

Do you have a support system?  Do you have someone you can turn to share your frustrations with?  It can be your significant other, but if they're not going to be the support that you need, find a friend that can do that for you.  You need someone who can share the good, the bad, and the ugly *kind of like what I'm doing with you.*  They can be the inspiration you need to make it through just one...more...day.  They can tell you to WALK AWAY FROM THE CHIPS!  They can share a tasty recipe with you that they thought was amazing.

Where am I going with this?  I want to make sure that you succeed.  We all need some type of support system to keep us on the right path.  That person can be me...should you need someone who has been there, done that. 

How is your week going?  I hope you're finding inspiration and the drive that you  need to keep on keepin' on.  I hope you find something fun to do this weekend...maybe even something that requires a little moving. :)

1 comment:

  1. my mom and sister are my support system. I never would have been able to lose the weight without them.

    ReplyDelete