Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happy Basket Day

My sister said it wasn't nice to brag about our basket, but I don't feel like I'm bragging...I am just so excited about all the goodies we get in it each time.  Maybe I'm telling you about it to let you know that there is fresh stuff out there and that it can certainly add color to your menu.

Here is today's basket: 


The yumminess is:  pineapple, mushrooms, apples, 6 pounds of clementines, broccoli, bananas, oranges, 1 lemon, potatoes, 2 bunches of celery, a head of romaine, and...an eggplant!  What you can just see on the right, is a loaf of white bread that I made for the girls.  That was a delay timer, bread maker beauty.  Note to self on that, remember to use the full number of hours.  I set it for 9 hours and instead of it starting at 6:30...it started at 4:30.  Oops.

So tomorrow, I had planned to make homemade pizza.  Do I make pizza or do I make spaghetti and eggplant?  I'd love to make eggplant parm, but there just isn't enough there to make a full meal from it, but if I do it with the spaghetti, I could make it stretch.  Hubby is no help.  I asked him this question.  He just said, "Whatever."  Ugh.

Today was my last day of week 1 for Slim in 6.  Tomorrow is a complete rest day.  I am going to truly enjoy it.  Week 2 starts Monday and it's 6 days of Ramp It Up.  After that...it's Burn It Up.  I might be afraid. 

Have a beautiful Sunday!  It looks as though our weather might turn here this week.  We will be finding indoor activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment