Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Okay, so maybe you don't celebrate it, but we do a little here in our house.  We don't do anything overly fancy, but we like to share a little extra love on this day especially.

I bought some Dove dark chocolate hearts to share with the girls.  Umm...those can be lethal.  Those little tasty tidbits are just 1P+ per heart!  They say dark chocolate is good for you, so maybe a little isn't all bad.

Last night, I made up a double batch of these bad boys.  I made them smaller *half the size that they suggested in the directions* and I didn't include the sauce.  The other half of them, I threw in the freezer for another meal later in the month.  I love being able to do that.  It makes meals later in the month a breeze.  To round out the meatballs, I had leftover brown rice, and stir fry vegetables *that had a sauce packet with them*.  I cooked the veggies in the skillet for 8 minutes, threw the meatballs in to heat them through, and added the sauce packet.  While that was becoming tasty, I heated our rice in the microwave.  Dinner was awesome!  Picky middle kiddo didn't want to eat.  Everyone else enjoyed them immensely!

I had planned to make a goody for my hubby before he got home from work, but since he came home with some extreme back pain, it had to wait until after dinner.  I made some homemade peanut butter cups.  **If you are really desperate in love with peanut butter cups and want to eat a whole half of one, you can find the recipe here.  But don't say I didn't warn you.  They are evil too delicious for words.  And you can call me all sorts of not so nice names behind my back because I showed that to you.** The reason why you plan and check the calorie content/points of an item ahead is so that you don't have more than one!!!  Then you learn from it and move on. :)

I hope you've had a GREAT day, regardless of how you've spent the day.


1 comment: