What am I wearing on these cold weather runs? I've got on: stretchy exercise pants, a full sports bra *covers my belly too-kind of like an undershirt*, a short sleeve shirt, a long sleeved exercise jacket, gloves, ear warmer, and my reflective vest. I'm probably quite a sight to see. But, at 5:20, who cares? What is my motivation to get up so early? Well, a couple of things. 1) I don't have to push a 30ish pound toddler in a jogger stroller *not that I don't love taking her along, but it makes it a bit more difficult*. 2) The above reason of not liking the warmer weather for running.
What gets me moving these days? I've changed up my music list since last I posted. I needed something that would keep me motivated and I keep tweaking it. This is my list as of today:
- Windy--The Association
- Marry You--Bruno Mars
- Holding Out for a Hero--Bonnie Tyler
- Invisible Touch--Genesis
- Eye of the Tiger--Survivor
- Be My Lover--La Bouche
- Firework--Katy Perry *at dark o'clock, it's easy to replay this one a couple of times...I love this one right now!*
- Boot Scootin' Boogie--Brooks & Dunn
- Karma Chameleon--Culture Club
- Bang Bang Bang--Christina Perri
- Sweet Dreams--Eurythmics
- Tainted Love--Soft Cell
- Mamma Mia--A*Teens
A huge shout out to a friend who is beginning her journey at the gym today! Go get 'em! I'm so proud of you!
And lastly, if you're going to indulge in Halloween candy, count it!