Monday, February 13, 2012

Thank you!

I've had so many people tell me in spontaneous places that they enjoy reading my blog.  I appreciate those little words of encouragement, more than you can know!

Back in December, while hubby and I enjoyed a nice dinner out for our anniversary, we decided that we needed to get out more often.  We hadn't been out alone since probably the beginning of the year, prior to our anniversary.  I guess this is one downfall of living so far from family, and not really knowing who is available to babysit.  Ya know?  So, our January time alone was our trip.  We planned our next outing for today.  Hubby and I got to go out for a nice lunch today to celebrate Valentine's Day.  He decided that we should go to the OG *no, that's not 'Opera Ghost' from Phantom...that's code for Olive Garden.*

Has anyone else noticed the insane number of carbs in stuff at the OG?  I know it's Italian and it's mainly pasta, but yikes!  Yes, I went prepared.  What I really wanted was a fat laden, fluffy pasta dish.  What I ended up with was the minestrone soup and the Venetian Apricot Chicken.  Both were very satisfying and I was full, but not overly stuffed.  Come to think of it, my mint is still in my purse.  I enjoyed the conversation and got past the fact that I wasn't having exactly what I wanted, but it certainly was the better choice.

Before getting into tomorrow, prepare yourself.  *Maybe you don't even like what tomorrow stands for...so you can go about your regularly scheduled day.*  If you do indulge tomorrow, plan ahead.  Know what you're going to partake in and count it.  Then...walk away!

No comments:

Post a Comment