Monday, September 2, 2013

It Has To Start Somewhere

Every journey in life has a beginning and an end.  Sometimes we can veer off course, take the wrong path, or fall in a ditch.  Lucky for us we get to make the choice in whether we continue to go in the wrong direction or wallow in the ditch.  And I think, from time to time, we're allowed to wallow a bit before finding the courage and strength to pick ourselves up, and move forward.

With that said, I've been wallowing for far too long.  And, I've strayed from the journey.  This weight loss journey is a life long one for me and I know that I will always struggle.  If you add in a lot of emotional stress into the mix, it makes the struggle that much more difficult.  I would love to say that the emotional stress hasn't gotten the best of me, it has.

The first step in getting back on track *I think* is realizing you're going down that path again.  The path that takes you down the road to 'ruin'.  It's the path that you've vowed to never go down again and yet, here you are in the middle of it, knowingly walking it.  Now is the time!

The second step in getting back on track is to keep things real.  It's almost as if you're starting over, but not from the very beginning, just mid journey.  Baby steps here people.  Baby steps.  If you've fallen off as long as I have *about a month*, you'll need to ease yourself back into it *again, just my perspective*.  If I think too much about all that goes into getting myself back on track, it can be overwhelming.  Maybe it won't be.  If you've been at it a long time, it could just be second nature without much thought having to go into it.  It does feel a bit like that for me.

Lastly, remember the reasons you started this journey in the first place.  I didn't like being the 'fat girl'.  I wanted to be healthy.  I wanted to be able to do things I'd never done before.  And if I go back to where I was, I'll lose all of that.

It's not too late.  Stop in the path that you're taking yourself down.  Head up and keep going!

1 comment:

  1. Good job! Saw your weigh in on mfp this morning and was worried you'd fallen off. We all have derails now and then. We just keep fighting.

    ReplyDelete