Without further ado, my 13 for '13:
- Continue to maintain my goal weight. And, I need to give myself a 5 pound buffer even though it pains me to say so...I need that. It's more about being up 5 pounds rather than down 5.
- I want to keep running...to remain dedicated no matter what! It's hard, but I enjoy it far more than I ever thought I would.
- I want to spend time with my hubby at night at least once a week *I guess I should clue him in on this too, huh?* I just bought Battleship *the game* for he and I to play. We've also played Othello recently. This is an adjustment over this year's goal of going on a date night 1x per month.
- Take time for myself. I really need to continue to do this for myself. I need to be vocal about it too. I'm hoping that I can do this once every other week or so. Hoping to.
- Spend less time on the computer. I typically spend some time on the computer in the morning while I drink my coffee/tea; some time while I eat lunch and then again after dinner. The goal? I need to limit it a bit more. I'm going to set the timer and spend no more than a half hour in the morning and at lunch. Then I can spend a bit more time on the computer after the girls go to bed.
- Do more crafty things with my girls. I did quite a few things with them just before Christmas and I'd like to keep doing fun things with them. They loved it!
- Bake more with the girls. They enjoy the baked goods that I make, so I'd like them to help more in the kitchen.
- Write one letter/card by hand a month. I am modifying this one from this year as well. A handwritten note can make someone's day so much better. Have you tried it recently? *no I don't mean a personal e-mail either!!*
- Continue taking my girls outside to do things like sledding, bike riding, and walking. I have a blast too. We've gone sledding several times already. We just love it!
- Express my feelings better with my friends, husband and girls. *A repeat from this year.*
- Read at least 3 books this next year. I enjoy it...I need to do it for myself. I need to make time for it.
- Encourage others who are continuing their journey or starting a new journey. It's a hard road, but one that is worth it!
- Laugh at myself, laugh at my children and roll my eyes at my husband *another adjustment from one for this year.*
No giving up! It's not allowed!
And...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I hope and pray that you all have a very blessed and happy year in 2013!