Monday, February 20, 2012

Bah!

That's about all I have to say about that.  And today.  And stuff in general.

The old adage of feeding the __________ *you fill in the blank....cold, illness, etc* doesn't need to be true.  Nor do I think that it was ever really true.  If you have a cold or sore throat, I think you can easily remain on plan by eating soup for lunch/dinner.  I still have turkey and or chicken stock in my freezer that I can easily thaw to make a hearty soup.  I usually use a bunch of frozen veggies and voila...you've got soup.  Sometimes I throw in some dry, minced onion with a can of diced tomatoes.  This also makes for yummy goodness.

Another thing that will keep your eating in check?  Having excruciating pain in your mouth.  Yup.  That'll do it.  Every.  Time.  So yeah, I've got some wicked pain in my mouth.  And yes, I went to the dentist today.  And no, I didn't like what he said.  He gave me an antibiotic and some high powered pain meds both of which make my stomach hurt.  I'm also leaning towards the soft foods.

I'm not sure how I feel about my teeth right now.  Part of me thinks that I may still be having problems with my sugars *the prediabetes stuff*.  The other part of me thinks that it could be residual from me having hyperemesis when I was pregnant with #3 *you can read about and see what I'm talking about in regards to hyperemesis here and here.*  I also got my blood drawn today per my doctor's orders.

Hopefully I'll have some answers.  I am so over having tooth troubles, amongst other things.  I did try to exercise today, but only made it about half way through before I thought I might toss my cookies *most likely because of the aforementioned drugs.*

So, these things to say...don't stuff your face to satisfy your sickness.  It doesn't get you anywhere and can make things worse.  If you can't make your own soup, beg someone to make some for you.  If you lived closer, I'd make it for you.  Hang in there and don't give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment