Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I simply can't believe that it's a new year already.  Where oh where did 2011 go?  It went by far too quickly for my taste.  Do you remember when you were a kid and the time seemed to d-r-a-g by?  I think as we get older, the time speeds up to light speed.  Seriously.

So, how did last night go?  I splurged last night.  I planned on it.  I made cocktail dogs, hot spinach dip from Skinny Taste, and we had summer sausage with cheese.  Uh, the spinach dip.  Yeah, that was good stuff!  Two thumbs way up from at least the three oldest members of our family.  Also...I tracked it all.

One could say, "Resist temptation."  Or.  "Plan on a splurge.  Count it.  Move on."  I am not saying plan a splurge ALL of the time, but once in a while it's nice to have a few things you wouldn't normally have.  Also, don't beat yourself up about it.  Every snack/meal/day is a new one.

In starting the new year, my beloved husband has bought a juicer.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I asked him if it was part of his 'resolution' and he said 'yes.'  So, I'll be intrigued to see how long he lasts.  He said that in order to lose weight, this will help him.  It sounds a bit like Slim Fast to me; drink two juiced beverages a day to 'replace' two meals.  I did tell him that he needs to stop eating bad stuff in addition to drinking these beverages.  He's standing in the kitchen as I type figuring out how to put the juicer together.  If nothing else, I figured I could use the juicer to help make smoothies.

Here's to a healthier New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment