Friday, January 6, 2012

Post Dinner Snack

I was looking for a little something that was tasty, but not terribly guilt-laden.  I've come across an interesting site/blog.  It's called "Chocolate Covered Katie-the dessert blog".  You can find it here.  With that said, I've now tried a couple of her recipes and am kind of intrigued.  I'd like to try more.

I found this recipe for Pumpkin Nut Butter.  After whipping it up, I felt like it needed just a little something.  I mean heck, her blog/site is called "Chocolate Covered"!  I thought about throwing in some chopped up semisweet chocolate chips *because I always have a big bag of those on hand.*  I tossed that thought out and remembered that I had some Smucker's Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup in the fridge.  I stirred in 2tbsp of that stuff and voila I had a tasty concoction that my family practically took me out for!



I did not put any sweetener in it since I put the chocolate in there.  I figured 3 servings at 2tbsp a piece and that works out to be 2P+ per serving.  And for those counting calories:  82 calories, 12g carbs, 4g fat, 2g protein, and 2g fiber.  I dipped an apple in it, but I bet it would be tasty *like Katie says* on toast or in oatmeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment