Sunday, January 15, 2012

Music to get you moving

So, some of you may think I'm some kind of goodie, goodie...only listening to praise music or the like.  Sadly, this is far from the truth.  Like I told you on my post entitled "Get Your Move On", I need my tunes to get me to walk.  It has to have a beat quick enough to get my heart rate up.  It has been an 'odd' cool day here *it's been unseasonably warm here lately.*  So I 'bundled' up, put on my new scarf, and a pair of gloves and off I went.

This is an after shot, and although I don't look sweaty, I really was.

Back to the matter at hand.  Music.

I am going to list what I've got on my ipod.  There are some that I skip past because they're either too slow for me now or I'm not in the mood for that particular song.  Sometimes, it's a bit too fast.  I will warn you that some of the songs on my ipod are what some would consider unsavory.  You can boo me, block me, whatever, but it is what it is.  Also...no laughing at some of my 'older' one or my odd taste. 

With or Without You--U2
Bad Romance--Lady GaGa
Twist and Shout--The Beatles
Boom Boom Pow--The Black Eyed Peas
Jump--Van Halen
Hey, Soul Sister--Train
Sweet Caroline--Neil Diamond
Blue (Da Ba Dee)--Eiffel 65
Dreams--The Cranberries
Viva la Vida--Coldplay
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da--The Beatles
Don't Stop Believin'--Journey
Y.M.C.A--Village People
Hot N Cold--Katy Perry
Poker Face--Lady GaGa
Pump Up the Jam--Technotronic
You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)--Dead or Alive
Buddy Holly-Weezer
Why Can't This Be Love--Van Halen
Don't Bring Me Down--ELO
Dental Care--Owl City
Dance Tonight--Paul McCartney
Sweet City Woman--The Stampeders
Glad All Over--The Dave Clark Five

I like my mix.  It's been quite a while since I've changed it.  When I'll change it, I don't know because I truly enjoy it!

I felt so good today on my walk, then I went longer than I had planned.  It looks as though I got 1/2 a mile more than I'd planned.  I walked 3.75 miles in 54:59 *maybe a little less since I stopped to tighten my shoelace once.*  That was an average of 14:38 per mile and a speed of 4.1 m/hr.  That is REALLY good for me!

What keeps you moving?  What's on your ipod *or music player...tape player...CD player*?  :)

1 comment:

  1. Freedom Fitness 3...keeps me moving! Praise songs at a quicker pace ;)

    ReplyDelete