Thursday, October 18, 2012

Obsessed?

Oh great friends in the bloggosphere, I have been told that I am obsessed about my weight loss.  I'm not sure that I'm obsessed, but if I don't stay on top of things *logging my points/calories*, checking in here, and making my fitness goals, I feel as though it will all begin to creep back.  If by saying, "I don't want to go back there" makes me obsessed.  So be it.  I don't want to go back there.  I am happy where I'm at and I feel more like my peppy self...the one that my beloved hubby married nearly 11 years ago.

By losing the weight, I've been able to do things I'd never thought I would be able to do.  I don't post here to 'toot my own horn', but because I'm proud of what I've accomplished.  I don't post every day about things like that.  I most often post tips about things that have worked for me, things that I'm trying or tweaking.  Or I post about things that I tried, but that didn't work for me.  Everything that I post about won't always work for everyone.  The only thing I suggest to folks on this journey is to be sure that you pick something *diet food moderation program, or the like* that you know you can stick to for the long haul.  I say this, because, if you are anything like me, you need to feel like you're not restricted.  And if you struggle with food, a lot, then it can't be something you focus on for just 6 months or a year.  Make sense?
I don't bug people about their weight.  If you ask, I'll share from my experiences.  I've never blogged about anyone *aside from my hubby* and myself.  Oh and I did blog when I did the 'climb' with my friend.

Another friend of mine said that we all have to be a wee bit obsessed if we're going to make it to goal and stay there.  In the beginning of any journey, you are 'obsessed' with figuring out what you need to do, knowing the points values of your favorite foods, etc.  Once it's become a habit *of sorts* then it's like old hat.  You already know *without looking* what the points value is for your favorite food, you can fly a little more easily from the seat of your pants, and have fun playing with different recipes, etc.

In other news, I have completed 8 weeks of C25K.  I just completed week 9 of C210K (couch to 10k).  When mornings are going to be tight, I get up early to take to the road.  It also allows me to get out on my own without trying to push the jogger stroller.  And honestly, 5:30a.m. isn't terrible.  It certainly has been quite chilly at that time of the morning.  In the last week or so, it's been below freezing.  I am making it work because I'd rather run in the cold then during the hottest part of the day too.  Determination people.  Determination.

It is getting colder and we are approaching winter, what will be your go-to exercise get moving options?

No comments:

Post a Comment