Monday, July 2, 2012

100 miles in!

On my walk this evening, I hit my first 100 miles *walking only*.  The best part?  It hasn't quite been a month since I started my challenge.  I began on June 8th and today is the 2nd!  Awesome!  It's been 25 days.  This is quite an accomplishment for me.  I've even logged a 10 mile walk in the last 25 days.  I would never have thought at this time last year, that I would be walking for as long and as far as I am.

What do I have left?  I have 398.1 miles left to go before December 31st.  It leaves me just about 6 months to complete my goal. 

I have just recently signed up for the American Cancer Society’s Climb to Conquer Cancer up Snowbowl in Flagstaff.  I am so excited about it.  It’s nearly 7 miles to the top, but I’ve got that in the bag.  My friend and I will be doing it together.  That is also awesome!

Since I started my walking challenge, I’ve had several people offer to go for a walk with me.  It’s kind of weird, but it is also good.  Maybe I’m having a positive effect on people.  The other interesting thing?  I have had so many people recognize me around town and will say, “You’re really out there walking, aren’t you?  How far are you going now?”  When I tell them that I’ve completed a 10 mile walk or that some of my routes include a 7 to 7 ½ mile walk, they’re amazed!  Some of them also walk and have encouraged me to keep walking, even during the winter time.  I appreciate that!

And one last little feel good moment.  When I was into our grocery store the other day, the gal that works in the bakery says, “You really have lost a lot of weight, haven’t you?”  I told her that I had and how much.  She was thoroughly impressed.  The odd thing?  She doesn’t know me by name and she only sees me when I’m at the store…getting milk!

There are little things that give you the boost that you need.  Some days are harder than others.  There are days where you would never think that it would be any other way.  I’ve had moments recently where I’ve thought about where I was and where I am…I don’t want to go back.  It’s a good reminder and always serves as a great kick in the pants.

Never give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment