Wednesday, October 31, 2012

500 Mile Challenge

I'm still plugging away on my 500 mile challenge.  Today, I broke into my last 100 miles!  It is truly exciting and I never thought that I would log in that many miles, but it has become a reality.  I just completed week 11 of the Couch to 10K program and was totally in a zone this morning.  I woke up startled this morning at 5 thinking I had overslept.  I figured I'd just get up and get going.  There was no reason not to.  I checked the temp this morning and it was sitting at 25.9 degrees.  Brrr!  I've found though, that I enjoy the cold weather temps more than a 60 degree, sunny day run.

What am I wearing on these cold weather runs?  I've got on:  stretchy exercise pants, a full sports bra *covers my belly too-kind of like an undershirt*, a short sleeve shirt, a long sleeved exercise jacket, gloves, ear warmer, and my reflective vest.  I'm probably quite a sight to see.  But, at 5:20, who cares?  What is my motivation to get up so early?  Well, a couple of things.  1)  I don't have to push a 30ish pound toddler in a jogger stroller *not that I don't love taking her along, but it makes it a bit more difficult*.  2)  The above reason of not liking the warmer weather for running.

What gets me moving these days?  I've changed up my music list since last I posted.  I needed something that would keep me motivated and I keep tweaking it.  This is my list as of today:

  1. Voulez-Vous--A*Teens
  2. Windy--The Association
  3. Marry You--Bruno Mars
  4. Higher--Creed
  5. Holding Out for a Hero--Bonnie Tyler
  6. Invisible Touch--Genesis
  7. Eye of the Tiger--Survivor
  8. Be My Lover--La Bouche
  9. Firework--Katy Perry *at dark o'clock, it's easy to replay this one a couple of times...I love this one right now!*
  10. Boot Scootin' Boogie--Brooks & Dunn
  11. Karma Chameleon--Culture Club
  12. Bang Bang Bang--Christina Perri
  13. Sweet Dreams--Eurythmics
  14. Tainted Love--Soft Cell
  15. Mamma Mia--A*Teens
I have a good pace and I'm really enjoying this right now.  I have just 3 more weeks of 10K training.  It's amazing what you can push yourself to do with the right mindset.

A huge shout out to a friend who is beginning her journey at the gym today!  Go get 'em!  I'm so proud of you!

And lastly, if you're going to indulge in Halloween candy, count it!

1 comment: