Friday, March 30, 2012

Baked Apple Casserole

I've always wanted to come up with something of my own.  I can honestly say that I did not pull this from a recipe.  I even remembered to keep track of the ingredients that I was using.  I just realized how yummy this would be if you served it over ice cream, but maybe use a half serving instead of a full one.  Also, I got two thumbs up from both of the big girls and hubby.

Here it is:


Baked Apple Casserole

Ingredients:
3 pounds Granny Smith Apples (peeled, cored & sliced)
1/3 c + 1 tbsp Splenda Brown Sugar (or regular depending on taste)
1/4 c raisins
2 tsp cinnamon & nutmeg (enough for sprinkling or to taste)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Peel all of your apples. Core and slice enough apples to cover the bottom of an 8x8 pan. Sprinkle with Splenda brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Core and slice more apples to create another layer. Again, sprinkle with Splenda brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Repeat one last time, topping with the 1/4c of raisins. Place uncovered in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until you've reached desired doneness.  Stir to coat the apples and allow the raisins to be throughout.  Serve warm *I think it tastes better that way.*

Serving size = 1/2c
P+ per serving = 4

No comments:

Post a Comment