Thursday, March 15, 2012

Normal

I've made it past Wednesday.  And?  I feel like my 'normal' self again.  My cravings have subsided and life can go on as normal.  Whatever normal is.  I seriously become a wicked witch and I'm sure my family doesn't appreciate it.  At.  All.  To top of my witchiness, my poor hubby has been battling an ear & sinus infection, along with the beginning stages of pneumonia.  Yuck!  Thankfully, he's kept the nasties to himself.

As for food, like I said, once I got to Wednesday, I was no longer craving things that I shouldn't have and was able to feel satisfied on what I have been eating *more protein and less 'sugary' stuff*.  I did do Slim in 6 yesterday, but spent today going through our shed.  I know what you're thinking, "But Kati, that isn't exercise!"  Oh, believe me, it was!  I picked up and moved plastic tubs full of clothes.  I sorted all of the clothes *my old clothes that need to be gone*, baby clothes *sizes 3mo-24mo*, and big kid clothes.  I brought a few things in for my middle kiddo to wear and a few things for the littlest one.  After I got it all put into bags, I had to put it back into the shed.  I'm hoping that I can bring it in the house, lay it on the floor, and take pictures.  All of this before the alleged 10-24 inches of snow we're due to get between Saturday and Monday.  Boo!!  My entire body aches from leaning over tubs and sorting.  I did find a pair of fun pants that I had tucked away.  And yes, they fit.

I'm looking forward now to Saturday.  Yep, it's St. Patrick's Day.  Yes, I have some Irish in my background.  And yes, we're having corn beef and cabbage.  Yum!  When I saw it go on sale, I just had a hankerin' for it.  So...we're having some.  Sunday is my littlest one's birthday.  A whole big 2!  I can't believe it!  And honestly, I'm still unsure of what I'm doing for her birthday cake.  I have ideas, I just haven't come to any solid decisions.

My fun and exciting non-food related news?  I bought our new washer and dryer today.  We'll get those delivered this next Wednesday.  I also bought my tickets to fly home *alone* today.  Yippee!  That's another bonus to having lost weight...you don't have to ask for the seat belt extender on a plane.  Sad, but true.

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day and I'd imagine I'll show at least a slight gain.  All will be well and it's all part of learning my new 'normal.'  I hope everyone is hanging in there.  Take each day as it comes.  That's all we can do.

1 comment:

  1. sorry I haven't been on lately. Love the new colours, and congrats on reaching your goal!

    ReplyDelete