Thursday, March 22, 2012

Biggest Obstacles to Weight Loss

Everyone has obstacles.  Some are more substantial than others.  For me, I think my biggest obstacle is me.  Yes, I am my own worst obstacle.  I get in my own way and I can easily sabotage myself.  I can also be my own biggest fan, but most of the time, it's the other way around.  There are also things that hinder my stamina and those are food items.  I would love to say that I don't struggle with the same things now that I did in the beginning, but they're the same.  They still haunt me and I fight with them on a daily basis.

Right now, I'm struggling with the idea that I am this person:


And not this one:


This should be a no-brainer, but I think I often have the mentality of the second picture.  I guess I feel like I still look like picture number two.  I want to hide myself away.  Maybe that's just my personality.  Maybe it's a shell that I still need to break out of.  Maybe I was stuck in the body of the second picture for far too long.  Whatever the case may be, I still have a lot of healing to do.  Even now, I'm sitting here scrolling between the two pictures finding it hard to believe that it's the same person.  And it's me.

I know how I got from one to the other.  I've also done it before.  I don't want to do it again.  Every day is a struggle.  Every day is a choice.  We have to make the choice to feed our body the things that it needs rather than what it wants.  Even though our brain knows this, we don't always make that choice.

I would love to say that things got easier towards the end, but they only seemed to get more difficult.  The most important thing?  Don't.  Ever.  Give.  Up!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. I haven't even lost a quarter of the amount you have, but I am so messed up mentally about what I look like. I see myself completely differently when I visualize myself in my head, see myself in the mirror, or see myself in a picture. Shopping has been somewhat of a joke. I still pick up my old sizes to try on. I actually bought a smaller size of capris the other day, only to wear them for the first time and realize I should've gotten ANOTHER size smaller. Sigh. You would think this would be the easy and fun part...not so much!

    ReplyDelete