Wednesday, March 28, 2012

When exercise equals...

...spring cleaning, then it means that it's that time of year!

After an appointment this morning, school work, and lunch, I put the shortest member of the family to bed and kicked the two big kids outside to play.  During that time, I picked up the living room, moved a few pieces of 'furniture' *read-trampoline and recliner* out of the way, vacuumed, and then shampooed our rug.  It gets so nasty because it's right off the front door.  That to say, it takes a l-o-n-g time to shampoo it because I give it some extra TLC.  Then there is the process of letting it dry.  And no, I didn't sit and watch it dry.

I actually headed into the kitchen to take on the state of emergency that was taking place within it.  It is mostly complete, but there is still much to be done.  I also tackled a few loads of laundry today and hung one load outside.

I'm just hoping that I don't collapse before I finish what I want to get done today.  I just want to get the laundry folded and put away.  That's it *aside from cooking dinner, putting the dishes in the dishwasher away, and maybe doing a few more dishes.*  Ah, a mommy's day is never done.

When I am this busy, there is little time for anything else.  This at least means that I'm not being tempted to find yet another snack while walking through the kitchen.  If anything today, I wanted to take a nap, but that wasn't in the cards.

The point of this post?  I guess it's to say that sometimes when you're doing a bunch of things that you don't do on a daily basis *like shampooing your rugs* that it totally counts towards some activity for the day!  Now...if only chasing after children gave me that same pleasure, I'd be all set.  Alas, I do that every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment