Monday, January 21, 2013

Life Saver

I had this odd thought as I was out walking today.  I passed our fire station here in town *or at least one of them* and it hit me!  The people who work at that fire station save lives, land, homes, etc.  And no, that's not what hit me.

If you have children and if they were in a life threatening situation, would you do everything in your power to save them?

If you don't have children, but you do have pets and they were in a life threatening situation, would you do everything in your power to save them?

Okay, so you don't have children or a pet, but you have a husband/wife/significant other, sister, brother, cousin, aunt, uncle...or something of great value...that was is in a dire situation, would you do everything in your power to save them/it?

Where am I going with this?

Firefighters, paramedics, doctors, EMTs, nurses, police officers, you and me...we're all in the business of saving lives.

How is this possible you may ask?  I don't have the proper training.  Oh, but you do!

You need to be about the business of saving your own life and maybe a few others along the way.  What I mean is that you are responsible for changing your food modification, getting out and exercising moving your backside, and doing what you need to do to make you a healthier you.  If you don't change these things now, you aren't the life saver that you are meant to be.

And what is that expression they say on a flight?  If there is a loss in cabin pressure, put your mask on first and then assist others.  You need to help yourself first, get yourself healthy, and then help others.  You definitely need to reach out to others for their support in your journey, but don't lose sight of who you need to help first.

Yourself.**



**Note:  I'm not saying that you should be selfish or self absorbed, but focus on the baby steps you need to take to make you a healthier you.

No comments:

Post a Comment