Sunday, January 13, 2013

I've Been Challenged!

It's happened!  I've been challenged!  So, if you've been a consistent reader *or somewhat consistent* then you'll know that I walked/ran 500+ miles between June and December of this past year.  A friend of mine has now challenged me to get twice that!  And, since I got 500 in 7 months, I'm going to need to step up my game.

In my usual fashion, I have updated my ticker on the side to reflect what I've gotten done.  In order to accomplish this goal, I will need to walk/run approximately 83 miles per month.  That tells me that I can't slack.  I've been pretty diligent about at least walking on my off running days.  If you see my times/mileage for my walking days, they're not nearly as pretty as my running days.  And that's okay with me.  The idea of my off days is that I'm doing a lighter workout, not as intense.  I've also gotten back into doing some strength training too.  I still need to firm up those jiggly parts.

Now for your challenge...what can you do to challenge yourself in the way of exercise?  Can you commit to getting yourself moving at least 3 days a week?  Can you walk for 20 minutes 4 days a week?  I'm not going to give you mileage, but you need to find something that will challenge you.

We are also now *basically* two weeks into the new year.  What goals are you working on?  Maybe you've picked just one goal to work on for now and that's okay.  Have you dedicated yourself to drinking more water?  Are you trying to eat smaller portions?  Reevaluate where you are at and make sure that you are able to do that one thing well before committing to another goal.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, sometimes when we try to do everything well all at the same time, we become overwhelmed.  When we become overwhelmed, we jump ship.  We derail.  Don't let that be you!

Keep at it friends.  Let each day bring you closer to your goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment