Monday, May 7, 2012

Problems with weight loss...

Weight and being over weight is such a huge sensitive issue for so many people.  I just wanted to let everyone know that it is so individual to each person.  There are so many reasons why people struggle with weight.  Reasons can include:  a medical reason *a thyroid disorder, diabetes, or something else*, their budget is tight, or any other number of reasons someone can come up with.

My reasons for being overweight include:  laziness, a tight budget, allowing far too many treats, knowing that my hubby loves me regardless of size, and being 'comfortable' in my ways.

My reasons for losing the weight include, but are not limited to:  wanting to be healthy for myself and  family, wanting to be in pictures with my kids instead of always being behind the camera, not wanting to be out of breath when I chase after my children, setting a healthy example for my children, staying away from the diabetic diagnosis for a while longer *since it is so prevalent in my family history it's still a possibility*, knowing that I was unhappy in my own skin, and feeling like I am desirable to my hubby.

Why am I posting about this?  I can give advice, I can be the best cheerleader, I can blog helpful tips, and share my journey, but really, weight loss is individual.  My food choices may not be your food choices.  That's okay.  My methods may not be your methods, and that's okay too.  Sadly, I can't lose the weight for you, and no offense, wouldn't want to lose it for you either.  I think when you have a long way to go, the journey is what gives you strength.  The only one that can lose your weight is you.

If you're not happy where you're at, maybe it's time to make those thoughts of "I think I might be able to do it" and change them into a solid, "I'm going to do it...no excuses!"  Can your reasons for losing weight outweigh your reasons for being overweight?  If they can, then get moving...NO EXCUSES!

No comments:

Post a Comment