Thursday, May 10, 2012

Eye Candy

We are a very visual society.  I think we've been like that since the beginning of time.  Often times you hear about someone looking like 'eye candy' and I can relate to that on a food level.  Seriously.  It can be pretty bad, especially at night when I'm hanging out, checking the ole facebook page.  We don't have TV, so there aren't commercials, but if we did, I'd be in trouble at night with all of the dopey food commercials that get flashed across the screen.

So, here I am, checking the ole facebook page, and some of my sweet friends are posting pictures of sweet cupcakes.  Bah!  Of course, if you're reading this, don't feel like you can't post pictures of your beautiful cupcakes that you sell, but sheesh!  It sure makes me want to whip out my mixer and go to town.  Of course, I wouldn't go through all of that effort just to make a cupcake, but there have been times when I wanted something yummy and actually went to the store to get it.

This is part of the reason why I won't buy things and have stuff in the house.  It's because I know that I wouldn't be able to leave it alone.  I also know that my hubby wouldn't be able to leave it alone, nor would my children be able to keep themselves from asking to have some of whatever it is that I had to have in the house.

If you see something that looks good, what does that do to you?  When you're watching TV at night *if you have TV* with all of those evil lovely commercials that come across during prime time, how do you react?  Are you the type of person that can completely ignore them?  Or do they spark some deep desire want that sends you into the kitchen for the next best thing?  And, if you do decide to venture into the kitchen for something, what do you do if you don't find what you're looking for?  Are you the type of person to go out and get something *or maybe send your hubby/significant other* for it?

By knowing what triggers you to indulge in things that are less than beneficial, you might want to try some strategies to keep you busy during those times.  It's so hard and I'm right there with you...minus the commercials.  Some people say that keeping their hands busy by working on a craft, quilting, scrapbooking, etc. helps them to stay away from goodies at night.  Maybe you might even have to forgo watching TV at night to avoid those commercials.  Learn what your triggers are and fight the eye candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment