Friday, May 18, 2012

Almost 3 Months!

No, it's not the age of my shortest little girl, but it is almost my 3 month weight loss goal anniversary.  I still can't believe that it's been nearly 3 months.  The funny thing is, I'm still adjusting and still figuring out how to keep the weight off.  Surprisingly, it isn't as difficult now as it was the first month.  It's actually gotten a little easier.

The rule for Weight Watchers is to remain within 2 pounds of your goal.  That is, either 2 pounds above or 2 pounds below your goal.  In the 3 months I've been in 'maintenance', I've not been over my goal by more than 2 pounds and I've been under by exactly 2 pounds.  Is it safe to say that my body is comfortable where it's at *finally*?  Or, can I expect my body to lose another 5 pounds?  That would be nice, but I'm not pushing for it.  I think hubby likes a *tiny* bit of meat on me, so I'm not sure that I'd be able to pull off another 10.

In thinking of where I'm comfortable, I also have to keep in mind that I have had three beautiful babies.  I could kid myself by thinking that I could be at the weight I was in high school, but I am definitely not one of those girls who is able to pop out a baby and snap back into my pre-pregnancy body.  Not.  Ever.  I do think that eating better and exercising regularly helps to keep one looking younger and perky *as perky as one can be with 3 children*.  While home a couple of weeks ago, one of my mom's friends asked me if I was 18.  Ha!  That sure was a l-o-n-g time ago *um...like practically half my life ago*, but it sure was a nice compliment *goes along with the manager that thought I was a college student back in January!!* 

There will be more exercise get moving opportunities coming up tomorrow.  I'm kind of giddy about it and hope that the change will be a good one for our garden ventures.  A friend of mine is helping me get the lumber and dirt that we need for our raised beds.  We're hoping to have some y-u-m-m-y goodness this summer/early fall.  I've planted here before, but it's difficult with the type of ground that we have *very rocky = not very good for planting.*  The garden is going to include:  summer squash, pumpkins, spinach, romaine, lettuce, kale, and corn.  Ooh and we also have fresh basil, oregano, and tomatoes in pots!  Yum!  With that said, I'll be getting some exercise putting the bed(s) together and getting my stuff planted tomorrow.  I'm also hoping to get our porch finished with the side slats.  You better believe that I'll be wearing my heart rate monitor!

Summer lends itself to lots of exercise get moving opportunities.  What opportunities will you take advantage of this summer?  Swimming?  Walking?  Park play times?  Kicking a soccer ball around with the kiddos?  Whatever it is, enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. I love summer for this very reason. So much easier to go for a walk, or ride my bike.

    ReplyDelete