Wednesday, February 26, 2014

14 for '14

Well, I am officially 2 months behind.  I have made zero goals for myself this year.  Why?  I'm not really sure, but some of the reasons could be:  I didn't want to face the truth about where I am physically, I have a lot on my plate, I'm working, life is crazy, taking care of 3 children and the house, did I mention...life is crazy??

With that said...my '14 for '14

  1. Find the joy in me.
  2. Calm the crazy.
  3. Become the independent woman I know that I can be.
  4. Start running...again.  Gosh I miss it!  Who would ever have thought those words would cross my lips???
  5. Find time to do things that I enjoy.  This is hard for me because every time I have the time, something comes up that requires immediate attention.
  6. Hike more.  I have a new hiking buddy and I just bought me some hiking boots.  I'm giddy about getting out there and not worrying about my sneakers being plastered in mud or sinking into mud up to my ankles  :)
  7. Find more ways to be frugal.  I thought I was frugal before, but I need new ideas.  Things that I already do include:  homemade dishwasher soap, homemade laundry soap, bake my own bread, hang my clothes outside to dry, base my meals on sales, shop at Savers & Goodwill, uh...the list could go on, but my brain is drawing a blank.  You get the idea though.
  8. Be passionate about life.
  9. Love deeply.
  10. Encourage my girls to enjoy life to the fullest.
  11. Drop 1 clothes size.  Let's not be too zealous.
  12. Be patient with myself when things don't seem to be going the way I want them to be.
  13. Take pictures.  Lots of them.
  14. Be a good friend and encouragement to others.
Fairly good list I think.   So, I'm pretending that it's January 1st...and...I'm off!  Let's do this thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment