On Friday, I went for my first ever 7 mile walk in these:
I came home from said walk to find these on my doorstep:
Excuse the *baby* belly in the background. :)
They had their first official walk yesterday, aside from general daily wear the last couple of days. I took the same route that I did on Friday, just minus the jogger stroller containing the short person whose belly you can see in the picture above.
I did realize that after walking yesterday, that I needed to update my ipod because I'm at a point that I need some new tunes. And, I need a longer play list since if I am doing the 7 mile route, it takes me about 1 hour 45 minutes to 1 hour 50 minutes.
Here is my new list *I'm not sure if I'll be skipping any songs until I get out there and try it out*:
- With or Without You--U2
- Big--Qkumba Zoo
- Bad Romance--Lady GaGa
- I'm Gonna Be (500 miles)--The Proclaimers **This may or may not be where I got the idea for 500 miles.** :)
- Walk Like An Egyptian--The Bangles
- Twist and Shout--The Beatles
- Boom Boom Pow--Black Eyed Peas
- Super Trouper--A*Teens
- Jump--Van Halen
- Sweet Caroline--Neil Diamond
- Blue (Da Ba Dee--Radio Edit)--Eiffel 65
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da--The Beatles
- Don't Stop Believin'--Journey
- Y.M.C.A--Village People
- Poker Face--Lady GaGa
- Pump Up the Jam--Technotronic
- You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)--Dead or Alive
- Buddy Holly--Weezer
- Don't Bring Me Down--Electric Light Orchestra
- Baby Got Book--Dan Smith
- Light My Fire--The Doors
- He Mele No Lilo--Lilo & Stitch Soundtrack
- Just the Way You Are--Bruno Mars
- Mamma Mia--A*Teens
- The Hustle--Starlite Singers
- The Child (Inside)--Qkumba Zoo
- Loco-Motion--Little Eva
- Footloose--Kenny Loggins
- Take A Chance On Me--A*Teens
- When It's Over--Sugar Ray
- Girls Just Want To Have Fun--Cyndi Lauper
- Mambo Mambo *to be confused with Mambo No. 5*--Lou Bega
- Dancing Queen--A*Teens
According to my iTunes, this is a 2.1 hour long play list.
So, I'm on my way to 500 miles. I've got 7 down and I'm sure there is more to come! Have you made a new goal?
How about you join me in this challenge? Modify it for yourself. Make an attainable goal to shoot for by December 31st. Maybe it's 250 miles. Or, maybe it's 125 miles. If you're in...let me know!
Edited to add: Shortest kiddo and I went for a walk *a short one* and I can say that #2 & 5 were too fast for me and #12 was too slow. I've made it through #16 and those have been the only glitches so far.