Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Five days...

It's been five days since my first 7 mile walk.  I don't think I've stopped much since then. 

I have to say that several of the songs towards the end of my list tend to be a bit fast when I'm rounding out the 7 mile walk.  I had good intentions of burning through those songs, but my hip was giving me grief yesterday when I walked it again.  Man, I feel old.  And really?  I'm not that old.  And I'm in better shape now than I was when I had my first kiddo 9 years ago.  But yeah, the hip bugs me.

Today was my 'rest' day.  Ha!  I did some swapping on the bikes to see if I could do 7 miles with my shorty in the bike trailer.  I hooked the bike trailer up to my oldest kiddo's bike *since hers has gears and mine doesn't*, adjusted the seat and handle bars, and off we went.  Between the wind and having my kiddo behind me, I wimped out.  *Hanging my head in shame.*  My total mileage was a little more than half of the 7 miles when all was said and done.

After a busy rest of the day, I took the girls on a ride this evening.  We scored another 5 miles.  I'm 40 miles in on my 500 mile challenge.

I know you want to join.  It's never too late.  And...ride it, walk it, or run it...change it to suit your needs, but just get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment