Thursday, October 25, 2012

What a year can do!

You know, every once in a while, I whip out my trusty blue tape measure and do a few quick measurements.  I don't typically write them down, but I haven't 'written' them down since May.  In some ways, I really wish that I had written down my very beginning measurements so that I could look back and say, "Holy crap smokes!  That is a lot of inches lost!"  Alas, I did not, but I really started tracking them when I started P90X a little over a year ago.  A friend of mine let me borrow it and I did it religiously faithfully unless I was sick or was taking care of sick kiddos.

From then until now *the end of September until the end of October* I dropped 22.9 pounds and 22 inches!  When you mash it all together, it's pretty cool.  Does that mean for each inch lost it is equivalent to a pound?  It kind of looks that way.

I've completed week 10 of C210K and will begin week 11 on Saturday.  I slowed my pace a bit yesterday morning and I think my 'perfect' temperature is a balmy 41 degrees with no sun.  Meaning?  I had my reflective vest on for the darker portion of my run, until I got to the sidewalks of 'in town' and stuck to where there was plenty of street lights.  I felt amazing after my run and I feel like part of it was because I kept my pace slower.  We'll see how I do on Saturday.

On the GF journey, it's gone well this week.  I tried out the GF Bob's Red Mill Bread Mix this week and it is surprisingly very tasty.  Hubby and middle kiddo both liked it, so I guess it isn't just me.  When pricing out GF bread *pre-made* in comparison to the mix, it was nearly a couple of dollars difference *cheaper in favor of the mix*.  I'm also thinking about trying some of their GF all-purpose flour too.  I've been checking out recipes for stuffing/dressing for Thanksgiving as well as pumpkin pie recipes.  I think just about everything else that we serve is already GF.  I'm trying to be prepared.

Off to bed with me.  I'm hoping to sleep in, but I'm not going to hold my breath with two out of three kiddos who appreciate the early morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment